The North Colorado Health Alliance is a Regional Hub for the Connect for Health Colorado Assistance Network, and serves 18 counties in eastern Colorado (Larimer, Weld, Logan, Morgan, Sedgwick, Phillips, Washington, Yuma, Elbert, Kit Carson, Lincoln, Cheyenne, Kiowa, Crowley, Otero, Bent, Prowers, and Baca).
Starting in October, Connect for Health ColoradoTM will offer individuals, families and small businesses a new online marketplace for health insurance and exclusive access to new up-front financial assistance, based on income, to reduce costs. Customers will shop through a website and get expert help in person and over the phone from a network of customer service professionals, including Customer Service Center Representatives, Health Coverage Guides and certified health insurance agents and brokers. The Marketplace is a non-profit entity established by a 2011 state law. More information is available at www.ConnectforHealthCO.com.
Connect for Health Colorado is a new online marketplace where individuals and small businesses in Colorado can shop, compare, pick and purchase health insurance plans and apply for financial help to reduce your costs.
The Connect for Health Colorado Assistance Network is a network of community-based organizations that will provide impartial assistance to consumers seeking health coverage through the new health insurance marketplace.
• Connect for Health Colorado makes it easier for you to shop for private health insurance by gathering your options in one place and giving you simple, apples-to-apples comparisons. You get a clear picture of what you’re paying and what you’re getting before you make a choice.
• Connect for Health Colorado is a new resource to help Coloradans shop for quality health plans from major private health insurance companies, as well as new companies who want to compete for your business.
• Connect for Health Colorado is the only place where Coloradans can see if they qualify for new federal financial assistance to help reduce the cost of health insurance.
• Nearly 500,000 Coloradans will be eligible for a new kind of tax credit to lower the cost of health insurance, only through Connect for Health Colorado. If you are an individual earning between $15,856 and $45,960 a year, a couple earning between $21,404 and $62,040 a year or a family of four earning between $32,499 and $94,200 a year, you may qualify for a break on your monthly premiums. You may also be eligible for health plans with lower co-pays and deductibles, based on income.
• You can get an estimate of your potential cost reductions at the Connect for Health Colorado website: http://www.connectforhealthco.com/how-it-works/calculators/.
• Connect for Health Colorado is available to Coloradans who buy their own health insurance, currently do not have health insurance or do not have access to affordable coverage through an employer. The Marketplace is not for those eligible for Medicare or seeking supplemental insurance.
• Coloradans will be able to choose from a broad range of health plans, all offering comprehensive coverage, so you can shop with confidence. All health plans will cover, at a minimum, a package of services such as preventive and wellness care, emergency care, behavioral health services and prescription drugs. You can also look at health plans that include your doctor or preferred medical facility. Coverage will start as early as Jan. 1 2014, depending on when you sign up.
• Details about health plan prices and benefits are expected to be known in August.
• Connect for Health Colorado will provide you with many ways to get help finding the best plan for your lifestyle and budget. Customer Service Center Representatives will be available by phone or through online chat. Trained Health Coverage Guides will be available in your community to provide unbiased, in-person help. You’ll also be able to get advice from certified health insurance agents and brokers.
• Connect for Health Colorado was created by a 2011 state law and is operated by a non-profit organization with the mission of increasing access, affordability and choice for individuals, families and small businesses seeking health insurance in the state.
• www.ConnectforHealthCO.com or 1-855-PLANS4YOU (855-752-6749).
• There is a list of more than 70 Frequently Asked Questions at: http://www.connectforhealthco.com/how-it-works/faqs/.
• Fact sheets, presentations and other materials for partners, including information about the upcoming Medicaid expansion, are available at: http://www.connectforhealthco.com/connect/partner-downloads/.
• Tax credit calculators are available at: http://www.connectforhealthco.com/how-it-works/calculators/.